Monday, March 15, 2010

Three weeks later.

Well, it took me three weeks but the pictures are finally up for your viewing pleasure. Sorry for the wait. I like Blogspot for the writing part but the photo posting is not easy. I can write 10000 words faster than I can upload 10 pictures. But, on the positive side, the delay has given me more time to reflect, ruminate and remember (and recover!).

I have had people mention that they couldn't tell if I enjoyed myself. I can assure you that I did. I have said it before and I will say it again, Judy was awesome to travel with. I love someone who thinks I am hilarious. Now that she is retired, I am going to hire her just to hang around with me to improve my self esteem. I don't remember laughing so much as when we were together. We had some pretty crazy times in India with Suresh, who thankfully made sure we weren't too out of our league. I can't even imagine landing there without some sort of support/friendly faces to meet me. And once I was alone, I was okay because I had the chance to get my 'India legs' under me, thanks to Judy and Suresh.

India is so amazingly beautiful, I can't even begin to describe it. My pictures really do not do it justice. Plus, what can't ever be conveyed in photos, the fragrance! I anticipated that India would be full of awful smells. But, at least in the south, India smells like flowers and spices and fresh breezes all mixed together in order to intoxicate you into falling in love with the country. Job done.

I realize almost no one actually read the whole blog. It is way too long. But scroll through the pictures for a quick overview if you have time.

Thanks for checking in once in awhile. Joanne

Here are a bunch of pictures that didn't make it into the narrative in the previous posts.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment